Rental / Lease Agreement
OWNER/AGENT, in consideration of the following agreements with tenant(s), known as: ____________________ hereby rents the dwelling located at ___________________________________ for the period commencing on the ________________ and thereafter until ______________ at which time this Agreement is terminated. Tenant(s) can request a new lease agreement at that time. Tenant(s), in consideration of Owner/Agent permitting him to occupy the above property, hereby agrees to the following terms:
- To pay as rent the sum of $_______ per month, due and payable monthly in advance no later than 5:00 PM on the first day of every month. If the first day of the month is on Sunday, rent payments will be due on the second day of the month by 5:00pm. If not received by then rent is considered late and late fees will apply. Partial payments are not accepted.
- Tenant(s) agrees to pay a daily late charge of $20.00 for each day the rent is not received by Owner/Agent, regardless of cause, including dishonored checks, time being of the essence. An additional service charge of $35.00 will be paid to Owner/Agent for all dishonored/returned checks.
- Payment of rent may be made by personal check until first check is returned unpaid. Owner/Agent has the right to require that subsequent payments be made by cashier’s check, certified check, or money order.
- All rent checks should be made payable to: Grace Properties & Development LLC. Rent may be mailed through the United States Postal Service at Tenant(s)’s risk to: P.O. Box 25256, Kansas City, Mo 64119. Any rents lost in the mail will be treated as unpaid until received by Owner/Agent. Tenant(s) may send payment(s) in prior to due date and all payments will be held till the due date.
- Tenant(s) agrees to notify GPD in a timely manner of any repairs needed using https://gpdrealestate.com/maintenance-request/ or by calling the Office at 816-490-7065. Tenant(s) acknowledges receipt of property in good condition and no repairs are needed at the time of acceptance. If it is determined repairs are needed after occupancy due to negligence or abuse of materials, a $75.00 maintenance fee will be due and payable with the following month’s rent.
- Tenant(s) agrees to use said dwelling as LIVING QUARTERS ONLY for _ adult(s) and ____ minor(s) listed on the application and to pay $125.00 each month for each other person who shall occupy the premises as his/her living quarters (defined as: any person, over 18, residing in the house for more than 30 days. 0-30 days is considered a temporary visit concerning this agreement, but over 30 days shall be considered permanent residency and will affect rent amounts. If primary tenant(s) does not alert a managing member of GPD in a timely manner to the addition of a tenant(s) of the property, the fee will be retroactive to the first day of the month prior to discovery of said new tenant(s). It will be considered a violation of this agreement if visitor(s) stay up to 30 days then leave for 1-2 days and then start another 30 day visit.
- Tenant(s) agrees to accept the property in its current state of cleanliness, and to return it to “moving in clean” condition, or to pay a cleaning charge of $300.00 upon vacating premises. Scope of Smoke-Free Policy. Tenant(s) agrees and acknowledges that the premises to be occupied by Tenant(s) and members of Tenant(s)’s household have been designated as a smoke-free living environment. Tenant(s), members of Tenant(s)’s household, and any guests under control of the Tenant(s) will not smoke anywhere in or within 10 feet of any structure on the property. A special cleaning charge of $1,500.00 will be assessed if a rental property needs smoke damage remediation.
- Tenant(s) agrees to pay a NON-REFUNDABLE PET FEE OF $_________ PER MONTH/PER PET for the following pets. Pet description(s): ________________________ The rent of $_________does not include the pet fee. Our insurance company has provided us with a list of Animals/Breeds that negate general liability coverage. Any animal/breed on this list is prohibited and the tenant(s) will be in breach of contract if at any time these animals/breeds are considered living at the premises. The list is as follows: Animal: Any animal with a prior bite history, Snakes, Monkeys, Ostriches, Wolf, Wolf Hybrids. Breed of Dog: Akita, Chow, Doberman, Great Dane, Pit Bull, Rottweiler.
- Tenant(s) acknowledges property is pest and rodent free. Tenant(s) is responsible to keep said premises free of insects and rodents to agrees to pay for pest control services if needed. Tenant(s) agrees to notify owner immediately so pest services can be contacted.
- Tenant(s) agrees not to assign this Agreement, nor to sublet any part of the property, nor to allow another person to live therein other than as named in the application without first receiving WRITTEN permission from the Owner/Agent and paying the appropriate surcharge.
- Tenant(s) will be responsible for payment of the following but not limited to: electricity, water and sewer, garbage pick-up, telephone, cable TV, association fees, and other bills incurred during residency. Tenant(s) specifically authorizes Owner/Agent to deduct amounts of any unpaid bills from the Security Deposit upon termination of this Agreement. ADDITIONALLY, any action towards any governing agency whether city or state, or any company providing services to said property or tenant(s) that can be deemed or construed as illegal or against written or understood rules of such entity will be ground for immediate eviction.
Utility companies contact info: KCPL(Evergy) 816-471-5275
KC Water 816-513-1313
City of Excelsior Springs 816-630-0760
- No rights of storage are given by this Agreement. The Owner/Agent shall not be liable for any loss of property by fire, theft, breakage, burglary, or otherwise, nor for any accidental damage to persons or property in or about the leased premises resulting from, but not limited to, electrical failure, water, rain, windstorm, etc., which may cause issue of flow into or from any part of said premises or improvements; including pipes, gas lines, sprinklers, or electrical connections. Tenant(s) hereby agrees to purchase Renters’ insurance, or to provide self- insurance in adequate amounts to offset any risk.
- Any removal of Owner/Agent’s property without express WRITTEN permission from the Owner/Agent shall constitute abandonment and surrender of the premises and termination by the Tenant(s) of this Agreement. Owner/Agent may take immediate possession, exclude tenant(s) from property, and store all possessions of Tenant(s) at expense of Tenant(s) pending reimbursement in full for Owner/Agent’s loss and damage.
- Owner/Agent has the right to emergency access at any time and access during reasonable hours to inspect property or to show property to prospective tenant(s)s.
- Tenant(s) agrees to pay a Security Deposit of $________________________________________ to secure Tenant(s)’s pledge to full compliance with the terms of this Agreement. NOTE: SECURITY DEPOSIT MAY NOT BE USED TO PAY RENT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! Any damages not reported prior to acceptance and move in will be repaired at Tenant(s) expense with funds other than the Security Deposit.
- Release of Security Deposit is subject to the provisions of state statutes and as follows:
- The full term of the Agreement has been completed.
- No damage or deterioration to the premises, buildings, and grounds is evident.
- The entire dwelling, appliances, closets, cupboards are clean and free from insects, the refrigerator is clean and defrosted, all debris and rubbish have been removed from the property, carpets are vacuumed and/or PROFESSIONALLY cleaned and deodorized.
- All unpaid charges have been paid including late charges, utilities, visitor charges, pet charges, delinquent rents, etc.
- All keys have been returned.
- A forwarding address has been left with the Owner/Agent. Within ten (10) days after termination of occupancy the Owner/Agent will send the balance of the Deposit to the address provided by the Tenant(s) in the names of all signatories hereto; or Owner/Agent will impose a claim on the Deposit and so notify the Tenant(s).
- If Tenant(s) leaves said premises unoccupied for fifteen (15) days while rent is due and unpaid, Owner/Agent is granted the right hereunder to take immediate possession thereof and to exclude Tenant(s) therefrom, removing all Tenant(s)’s property contained herein and placing it into storage at Tenant(s)’s expense.
- If Tenant(s) abandons the property and gives evidence of that abandonment by actions such as moving out and leaving residence unoccupied, and/or terminating utility services during the term of this lease, that shall constitute breach of tenancy as agreed on Page one (1), and termination by the Tenant(s) of this Agreement. Owner/Agent has the right to take immediate possession thereof and to exclude Tenant(s) therefrom; removing all Tenant(s)’s property contained therein and placing it into storage at Tenant(s)’s expense.
- If tenant(s)’s monthly rent payment is late (using parameters set in Section 1 above) three (3) times in a twelve month lease agreement (whether consecutive or not), rent will automatically be increased $35.00p/m without affecting any other terms of the Agreement effective immediately and reflected in the amount due for the following months until termination of agreement.
- If any violation of this Agreement occurs such as non-payment of rent on time or issuing a bad check to Owner/Agent, Tenant(s) agrees to reimburse Owner/Agent the actual or reasonable cost of collecting without protest.
- Tenant(s) agrees to accept said dwelling, all furnishings and appliances therein as being in good and satisfactory condition.
- Tenant(s) agrees not to park or store a motor home, recreational vehicle, or trailer of any type on the premises without WRITTEN permission from Owner/Agent, and to park only (up to___) automobiles ONLY ON THE DRIVEWAYS AND PARKING AREAS PROVIDED.
- Tenant(s)’s obligations according to state statutes are as follows:
- Take affirmative action to ensure that nothing is done which might place the Owner/Agent in violation of applicable building, housing, and health codes.
- Keep the dwelling clean and sanitary, removing garbage and trash as it accumulates, maintaining plumbing in good working order to prevent stoppage and/or leakage or plumbing fixtures, faucets, pipes, etc.
- Operate all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air conditioning and other appliances in a reasonable and safe manner.
- Assure that property belonging to Owner/Agent is safeguarded against damage, destruction, loss, removal, or theft.
- Conduct himself, his family, friends, guests, visitors in a manner which will not disturb others.
- Allow the Owner/Agent access to the premises for the purpose of inspection, repairs, or for purposes of pest control, maintenance estimates, serving legal notices, or emergencies, or to show the property to someone else at reasonable hours upon request, and to specifically authorize unannounced access any time rent is late, or this agreement is terminated.
- Live up to all provisions of this Agreement, particularly with respect to paying the rent on time and caring for the property.
- No locks may be changed or added on any door without WRITTEN permission from the Owner/Agent. Owner/Agent will install any new locks needed and supply extra keys.
- Tenant(s) will notify GPD in a timely manner if repairs are needed for any leaks, stopped up drain pipes, water damage, etc.
- Tenant(s) is responsible for all glass, screen, and storm door repairs. Tenant agrees to notify owner/agent immediately so repairs can be made.
- Tenant(s) agrees not to make any repairs but agrees to notify owner/Agent. This can be done via website maintenance request or direct phone call. No repairs are to be scheduled nor materials purchased by tenant(s). Owner/Agent will contact maintenance and schedule all repairs.
- Appliances or furniture in the unit at the date of lease are loaned, not leased to the Tenant(s). The rental payment specifically EXCLUDES all appliances of any kind. Appliances contained in the property are there solely for the convenience of the tenant(s)s. Owner/Agent assumes no responsibility for their operation. In the event appliances become unsatisfactory after occupancy by Tenant(s) is started, tenant(s) agrees to notify owner/agent so repair or replacement can be done.
- No money is to be deducted by Tenant(s) from rent payment FOR ANY REASON without express WRITTEN permission from Owner/Agent.
- Tenant(s) is responsible for replacing furnace/AC filters every 3 months. If it is determined furnace or A/C repairs are needed due to negligence in regard to regular changing of these filters, tenant(s) will be charged a $75.00 service fee.
- All parties agree that termination of this Agreement prior to termination date, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, will constitute breach of the tenancy as agreed on Page one (1), and all security deposits shall be forfeited in favor of the Owner as liquidated damages at Owner/Agent’s option following termination.
- A new 12-month lease will be required at the end of this lease agreement. Any other arrangement regarding lease periods/duration must be brought up for review and approval by GP&D at least 30 days prior to lease termination.
- From time to time Owner/Agent may be represented by an Agent who will carry identification.
- In this Agreement the singular number where used will also include the plural, the masculine gender will include the feminine.
- SPECIAL TERMS, CLAUSES, AND/OR CONDITIONS:Any and all illegal drug activity shall constitute a breach of contract and gives the owner/agent the right to terminate this contract immediately. Owner/Agent shall immediately remove all of Tenant(s)’s contents inside the dwelling and shall place them by the curb. Tenant(s) shall be responsible for collecting any and all of these items at their own expense.
Address Applying For: _____________________
Desired Date of Occupancy: _________________________________ Date of Application: ______________________
Name (Last) ______________________________ (First) ___________________________ (MI) _____ Male Female
Tel Number(s) ____________________ _________________________ Email address ____________________________
Date of Birth _______________________________________ Soc Sec No ______-___-______ Single Married
Other Occupants (Name, age)__________________________________________________________________________
Have you ever been… Convicted of a crime (felony or misdemeanor, provide details) ____________________________ __________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sued by a landlord? (if yes, provide details) ______________________________________________________________
In case of Emergency notify: (Applicant) _________________________ (Co-Applicant)___________________________
Present Address ______________________________________ Zip Code ____________ Phone ____________________
City _________________________ State _______ How Long _________ Reason for Leaving _______________________
Landlord __________________________________ Phone _____________________________ Rent amount _________
Employment History: Employed By __________________________ From (date) _____________ Income ____________
Address _______________________________________ Position ____________________ Phone __________________
If Self-Employed, Previous Employer _________________________ From/To ________________ Phone _____________
Spouse or Tenant #2 Employer ______________________________ From/To _______________ Phone _____________
Bank Name ___________________________________ Phone _______________________ How long acct holder ______
Address/Branch loc. ____________________________ Checking acct# ________________________ Savings acct?
Other income (amount & source) _______________________________________________________________________
Character References: Name _______________________________________________ Phone _____________________
Name __________________________________________________________________ Phone _____________________
Vehicle Information: Number of Vehicles (Incl. company cars) _____ Drivers License # _________________ State _____
Veh #1 Year __________ Make/Model ________________ Veh #2 Year ___________ Make/Model _________________
AN APPLICATION FEE OF $ ______ IS TO BE PAID PRIOR TO PROCESSING AND IS NOT REFUNDABLE. BY SIGINING BELOW, I GIVE PERMISSION TO THIS LANDLORD OR HIS/HER AGENTS TO INVESTIGATE THE INFORMATION SUPPLIED ABOVE AND UNDERSTAND THAT A FULL DISCLOSURE OF PERTINENT FACTS INCLUDING CREDIT REPORTS AND POLICE AND PUBLIC RECORDS MAY BE MADE TO THE LANDLORD OR HIS/HER AGENT. I certify that the information supplied is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Tenant Background Check
First Name ____________ Middle Initial ____ Last Name _______________
Date of Birth __/__/____ Social Security Number _____/___/_______
Current Address ____________________________________________________
Street City State Zip
Tenant Email ______________________________
First Name ___________ Middle Initial ____ Last Name _______________
Date of Birth __/___/____ Social Security Number ____/___/_____
Current Address ____________________________________________________
Street City State Zip
Tenant Email ______________________________
I/We agree to Grace Properties & Development LLC (GP&D Real Estate) doing a background check for the purpose of leasing the property at ________________.
I/We further understand GP&D Real Estate will not share this information. This information will only be used to determine eligibility of leasing said property.
I/We further agree to pay the sum of $30.00 per person(s) signing the lease and living at said property.
Copyright 2019 Grace Properties & Development LLC